Saturday, May 29, 2010

Affirm Your Life: Get into the driver's seat

Affirm Your Life: Get into the driver's seat
by Cheryl Richardson
May 24, 2010
===================================

Read the following quote from Louise Hay:

"Every thought you think and every word you say is an affirmation for your future."

Now think about. Really think about it. If each of us spent one entire day noticing our thoughts and words, chances are we'd be a little concerned about the future we're creating. For most people, negative thinking and talking is a way of life. But not anymore, thanks to Louise Hay.

Louise has just published a new book called, Experience Your Good Now: Learning to Use Affirmations. It contains everything you need to know - and I mean everything - about developing an affirmation practice, so I won't go into details here. She's the master of this process and I suggest you buy the book, study it from cover to cover, and listen to the CD (that comes with the book) every night for a minimum of thirty days. When you do, you'll discover the following benefits and so much more...

* Starting and finishing your day with affirmations sets up a tone of self-care that permeates every area of your life.

* You train your mind to look for what's good and you end up drawing more good toward you.

* You feel better emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

* You stay focused on the specific areas of your life that most need your attention and they improve.

* You begin to see evidence that your thoughts really do have power.

* You develop an unbendable faith in the power of your thoughts to direct the course of your life. As a result, you no longer feel like a victim to outside forces. You remember who's in the driver's seat.

* You become much nicer to be around.

Two years ago I stepped up my commitment to use affirmations by spending my mornings writing, reading, and imagining them coming to life. It's made an enormous difference in the quality of each day and I know it will for you, too. So, to help you get started, here are a few of my favorites...

My life is a constant stream of miracles.

Abundance flows into my life in surprising and miraculous ways every day.

I love my home and my home loves me.

I enjoy a passionate, loving, kind, and co-creative relationship with the people who matter most.

I feel God's presence in my life every moment of every day.

Now it's your turn. Check out Louise's book, here. It's the best ten dollars you'll spend.

Take Action Challenge

Start by creating five specific affirmations that either affirm what you want more of in your life or what you want less of. Then, write, read, and repeat them throughout the day.

Life Makeover for the Year 2009(sm) is written and produced by Cheryl Richardson.© Copyright 1999-2009 Cheryl Richardson, P.O. Box 13, Newburyport, MA 01950, www.cherylrichardson.com. All rights reserved. Used with permission. * Have a question for Cheryl? Call in during her live Internet radio show -- Coach on Call -- on the Internet at www.hayhouseradio.com. The show airs live on Mondays at 5pm ET (2pm PT) and is replayed throughout the week. Join Cheryl on:* twitter.com/coachoncall * Facebook.com/cherylrichardson *